Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
Most Commented On
- Truther Greg, which Egyptian leader did the US overthrow? - July 25, 2014
- Good try, Greg - July 25, 2014
- Yes, Greg was there and he's a Truther - July 25, 2014
- Really, Greg, it doesn't say that. Please seek help. - July 25, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 25, 2014
- Weehawken is not in New York Greg - July 25, 2014
- Those Jews are very tricky - small in number but large in - July 25, 2014
- Oh, and thanks for finally covering this story, SFBG. - July 25, 2014
- Ok, how about ABC News? They're "truthers" too? - July 25, 2014
- The coup government in Egypt is complicit with the Israeli seige - July 25, 2014